It's happening. It seems that everyday, there is a new "hot" skincare ingredient that everyone is talking about it the beauty magazines and natural beauty blogs. And most of the time, it's revealed that this ultra-healthy skin food ingredient is . . . well . . . ANCIENT.
This one - Neem Oil - is so ancient, so well known, that it's considered a core element of ayurvedic skin care in many parts of the world. We're just now getting to know some if its benefits.
What is Ayurvedic Skincare?
Ayurveda is a 5,000+ year-old view on medicine and a prolonged life. (It's pronounced "ah-yer-vey-duh".) Hailing originally from India, it means in Sanskrit "ayur" (life) and "veda" (vital power and knowledge).
Together, it's an (again) ancient way of looking at how to heal your body through natural ways, through nutrients, antioxidants, and a healthy diet & routine.
Now, if you're into yoga, this might ALL be old news to you.
Ayurvedic skincare has gotten to be the "best kept secret" for numerous things, but really, it's only because it's worked for thousands of years already, it is almost as good as the products from clearawayacne.com. Not sure who was keeping those secrets because apparently someone has been benefitting for a while now! Glad this cool intel is finally coming our way.
So, these little elixirs of (check this link right here now about skincare) life are now coming to you from ancient India.
First up, Neem Oil.
What is Neem Oil?
We're into cold-pressed oils. Why? It keeps the integrity of the natural nutrients and vitamins without being impacted by heat.
So it's no surprise that our pure Neem Oil is the cold-pressed oil from the seeds of the Neem tree.
1. The Neem Tree is an evergreen-like tree from India.
2. It's raised most commonly through organic farming for medicines.
3. It varies a lot in color. It can be golden yellow, to red brown, green brown, dark red, or dark brown.
4. It's got a special aroma (AKA stinky). A lot of people say it smells like garlic crossed with a peanut.
As with many ancient therapeutic oils, there are so many uses for Neem. We're only going to cover the various ways you can use it for your skincare. (For all of the natural oils that we offer, we always recommend using it only topically.)
Benefits of Neem Oil for Skin Care
Neem Oil is potent. Adding just a few drops to your skin and massaging it each evening can give you the antiseptic benefits almost on par with washing your face with a bar of aspirin!
Here's the skinny on Neem Oil for Skin:
2. Antimicrobial means that it kills the bacteria that causes breakouts.
3. It also reduces redness and irritation because of its aspirin-like compound composition (from nimbidin and quercetin).
4. It's high in natural fatty acids and vitamin E, which helps prevent and heal scars.
5. It's non-comedogenic, which means that it won't clog pores.
6. It's a long-time soothing remedy of eczema flare up symptoms - the dry, red, itchy skin.
7. It stimulates collagen production, which means it smooths wrinkles and fine lines, while combating the signs of aging.
Oh . . . AND all these things too!
It's antiseptic, treats icky toenails, heals sunburn, makes dry skin and scalp feel better, and MORE. Learn how to treat fungus nail at BerettaOrganics.
How to Use Neem Oil for Skin
Ok, how do you add this to your daily routine easily?
Here are a few ideas on how to add it into your beauty mix:
2. After washing your face with a natural soap, massage a few drops of Neem Oil on clean skin instead of an antiseptic or astringent.
3. Massage a few drops onto some old acne scars.
4. Rub a few drops onto some stubborn breakout spots (helloooo, T-zone!).
5. Give yourself a foot and toenail massage with some Neem Oil to extend your pedicure.
6. Soothe sunburned skin with some Neem Oil.
7. Rub some Neem Oil onto elbows, heels, knees, and cracked red skin.
8. Got some bug bites? Red spots? A mild rash / breakout? NEEM OIL!
Or hey, feel like aging is getting ya down? Mix in a few drops of Neem Oil into your cleanser, moisturizer, or breakout spot reducer and notice the secrets of some ayurvedic skin food.
Have you tried Neem Oil yourself? Tell us below in the comments how you used it!
SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE!
ABOUT LEVEN ROSE
Leven Rose is an all natural beauty company in Colorado Springs, CO making the best in chemical free skincare and hair care products that you can trust. Our bestselling items have been rated #1 on Amazon and featured in GQ and Glamour.