The power of the pomegranate is leaving your kitchen and joining you in the bathroom as the latest fruit blessing. A luscious fruit, to be sure, but those seeds have a secret - they make a cold-pressed oil that's taking over natural beauty ingredient labels everywhere.
Unlike it's sweet fruity flesh, the seeds press into a light-colored oil that's nearly scentless. To the most discerning nose, it might be ever-so-nutty. But like the fruit, the seeds are a super (skin)food!
21 of our favorite benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil:
1. High omega 5 fatty acid levels, also known as punicic acid, makes it a potent anti-inflammatory healer.
2. Omega 5 also gives anti-aging properties that fight off free radicals topically. If you eat some of the fruit in the same day, it's like a double whammy!
3. Pomegranate Seed Oil is a natural cleanser that unclogs and even shrinks pore size.
4. Studies have shown that it improves the symptoms of acne by naturally cleansing and healing.
5. Use as a scalp massage to unclog follicle hairs to promote hair growth.
6. Scientific studies have shown that it helped lessen the risk of skin cancer in mice when exposed to cancer-causing environments. (Disclaimer: Leven Rose never tests on animals - other than ourselves!)
7. The antioxidant nature of Pomegranate Seed Oil has been shown to stimulate natural collagen production, giving your skin a more supple, firm and vibrant look.
8. Leven Rose Pomegranate Oil is a pure, cold-pressed, natural oil helps regulate your skin's production of sebum which is the leading cause of oily or combination skin when used daily.
9. Give your hair a warm oil treatment to add chemical-free gloss and shine from its high, naturally-occurring vitamin content. Apply to hair and leave on for 30 minutes or so before showering.
11. The vitamin C in Pomegranate Oil has been known to improve skin's elasticity, making it a favorite for applying to scabs, scars and other non-open wounds that need some extra healing care.
12. Pure Pomegranate Oil is also a leading favorite for essential oil users as it's a light carrier oil that is perfect for all skin types. Essential oils require dilution before being applied directly to the skin, in most cases, so this oil helps extend the coverage of the essential oil.
13. Age or sun spots are part of getting older and can lead to a spottier complexion. Massage over cleansed skin to lock in moisture and brighten and even out your naturally-beautiful skin.
14. The natural mineral and vitamin properties of Pomegranate Oil paired with the anti-inflammatory benefits have been known to ease the discomfort and flaking of dandruff when used as a weekly scalp massage.
15. Pomegranate Seed Oil has a comedogenic rating of 1, which is a measure of how easily the oil moves through skin cells. A higher rating means it's more likely to clog pores versus a zero rating means it will not clog pores. It makes this oil a great oil for using on all skin types because of its ability to soak in nutrients deeply without causing breakouts.
16. A great plant-derived source of vitamin C, it has been clinically shown to decrease roughness on the skin when applied regularly after cleansing.
17. Pomegranate Oil has been shown to help skin fend of harmful UV rays and environmental pollution, which slows premature aging.
18. Pomegranate Seed Oil also stimulates skin's collagen-producing cells called fibroblasts which minimizes wrinkles.
19. Acne doesn't just cause pimples - it also makes skin red and irritated. Massaging Pomegranate Oil to acne-prone skin even when there isn't a breakout causes redness and irritation to diminish.
20. In a side-by-side study, pomegranates have been shown to be better at rejuvenating dry and dull skin than even green tea!
21. Cracked skin is where bacteria can grow, only making dry skin worse and more painful. Put a few drops of pomegranate oil on heels, elbows, knees and any other rough patches to keep it smooth and soft by treating deep into the skin.
What benefits or uses did we forget? Let us know in the comments below! We'll be regularly updating this post - thanks for your input in advance!
Are you a natural oil junkie? Check out all of the Leven Rose Oils here.