.Find your essential oil for every occasion.
Getting started with essential oils can feel like information overload. There are so many different scents to choose from! How can you tell if your essential oils are high quality?
Essential oils are so much more than just nice smells. They can alleviate stress, help fight stubborn colds, and lull you to sleep even when your mind is racing after a busy day. You won't enjoy as many benefits if your essential oils aren't pure, though. Some spas like Swim Spas Plus have these oils to help you relax.
So how do you tell if some essential oils are higher quality than others? And how do you use these oils, anyway?
How to Determine the Quality of Essential Oils
Check those certifications and grades! We offer USDA certified organic essential oils, which means no filler oils, additives, pesticides, herbicides, or anything synthetic. Our essential oils are also therapeutic grade. Nothing is added or taken away, so you enjoy their full purity and therapeutic effects.We extract our essential oils through a steam distillation process where plants are steamed under pressure to yield oil. The heat and pressure are carefully balanced throughout the process so the oil stays potent.
The pure oil in our bottles is collected when the steam cools and the water separates. Roughly 250 pounds of peppermint leaves are needed to make one pound of peppermint essential oil!
Making pure essential oils is a slow, careful process. Some essential oils out there might have low prices, but they can't claim the same high quality.
Now that you have the good stuff, it's time to give it a try!
Top 9 Ways to Use Essential Oils
Before applying an essential oil to your skin, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil first! We recommend mixing with pure Jojoba Oil so your skin won’t get irritated. Start off by adding three drops of carrier oil to every one drop of essential oil.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use essential oils:
1. Diffuse your essential oils – Add your essential oils to water in an Essential Oil Diffuser for Aromatherapy. Diffused oils quietly improve air moisture, breathing, and a peaceful night’s sleep.
2. Treat acne and fungus – Tea Tree Essential Oil is known for treating skin conditions like acne and fungus. Apply the diluted oil with a cotton ball to clear your skin.
3. Prevent signs of aging – Citrus is packed with vitamin C, which protects and heals skin. Orange Essential Oil especially increases collagen production and slows down the development of dark spots and wrinkles.4. Add to shampoos and conditioners – Applying oil to greasy hair might sound counterintuitive, but Rosemary Essential Oil does calm sebum glands. Lemon’s drying and clarifying powers can also fix a greasy scalp.
5. Fight bacteria and infections – Our organic Defense Essential Oil (comparable to the Young Living Thieves blend) contains clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary, which are all powerful disinfectants. A study by the University of Buenos Aires found that clove is especially effective against E. coli and bacteria that causes pneumonia.
6. Alleviate aches and pains – Rub diluted Lemongrass Essential Oil into your muscles to alleviate muscle pain. Have a headache that just won’t go away? Apply diluted Lemongrass to your temples. Get essential oil to reduce pain and anxiety on http://veronicamariajarski.com/best-cbd-oil-pain-anxiety-sleep.
7. Ease nasal congestion – Keep Eucalyptus Essential Oil in your medicine cabinet for the next time you catch a cold. Apply diluted Eucalyptus inside your nose, just inside your nostrils, to help clear your sinuses.
8. Relieve stress – Lavender Essential Oil is a quick hack for relieving stress hormone levels. If you need a moment of zen, rub a drop between your hands for a calm and lingering scent. Also try adding a few drops to your bath or on your pillow before hopping into bed.
9. Increase mental awareness – Peppermint Essential Oil is an effective tool in memory performance. A study by the University of Cincinnati found that inhaling peppermint raises mental accuracy by 28 percent. Lemon is another uplifting oil for increasing focus.
Try These Essential Oil Blends for Diffusers!
Here are several of our favorite blend recipes that you can try out in your diffuser, also remember that you can take hemp oil tinctures along with these oils to have better results. Now pick out a few essential oils for diffuser blends and get to mixing!
Refresh – 2 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Lemon, and 1 drop of Rosemary
Soothe – 4 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of PeppermintEnergy – 3 drops of Orange, 3 drops of Peppermint, and 3 drops of Lemon
Focus – 2 drops of Peppermint, 2 drops of Orange, and 1 drop of Rosemary
Immunity – 5 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Rosemary, and 2 drops of Tea Tree
Breathe – 2 drops of Lemongrass, 2 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Eucalyptus
Relief – 2 drops of Peppermint, 2 drops of Lavender, 1 drop of Eucalyptus, and 1 drop of Rosemary
Check out all of the Leven Rose USDA certified organic essential oils! Also be sure to check out our range of carrier oils to use with them.
Do you have any uses for essential oils or favorite blends that we should know about? Share in the comments!